World Coconut Day 2021: 5 delicious coconut curries you must try
The purpose of the APCC is “to promote, coordinate and harmonize all activities of the coconut industry.” With Indians being one of the biggest lovers of coconut, we are also part of this community. We love coconut in our drink (coconut water) we love coconut in our food (coconut rice) and we love coconut in our dessert (coconut barfi)! Why not try out making a simple yet delicious coconut curry to express our appreciation for this versatile fruit.
World Coconut Day 2021: 5 Delicious Coconut Curries That You Must Try:
1. Lentil Coconut Curry : If you love dal, then this is the recipe for you. This lentil coconut curry gives a creamy makeover to your mundane dal. This lentil coconut curry is made of tuar dal, coconut milk and basic aromatic spices like curry leaves, mustard seed, coriander powder and more.
2. Avocado Coconut Curry: Did you ever think of combining the flavours of avocado with coconut? Both are distinctly different fruits in the manner of taste, shape, texture and appearance. However, when avocados slices are cooked in coconut curry, it just tastes so good!
3. Prawn Coconut Curry: Who doesn’t love prawn coconut curry? It is one of the most authentic South Indian curries, with the coconut flavour being absorbed into the meaty texture of the fish, making it aromatic and delicious.
4. Coconut Meat Curry: With the flavours of ginger-garlic paste, curd, curry leaves, coconut milk and more, this coconut meat curry is masaledaar and flavourful. It is unlike coconut curry, thanks to the use of curd for the marination of mutton.
5. Coconut Chicken Curry: All non-vegetarians love chicken, so much so that try to add chicken to everything! On this path of experimentation, we found the coconut chicken curry that we know and love today. It is creamy, juicy flavourful and it tastes great with rice.