- Foysol Choudhury becomes first Bangladeshi-origin Scottish parliamentarian
- UK records another 2,357 coronavirus cases, 4 deaths
- Bamboo bats could revolutionise cricket: study
- Khaleda ‘improving’, not out of ‘danger’ yet: Doctor
- WHO classifies India variant as being of global concern
- Mamata Banerjee inducts 43 ministers
- Gold prices soar by Tk 2,333 ahead of Eid
- Nine Palestinians killed in Israeli air raids on Gaza
- Metro rail likely to be launched on trial basis by end of this month
- UAE bans travellers from Bangladesh
Three motorcyclists were killed as a truck smashed their bike in Jaintapur upazila of Sylhet early Monday.
The deceased were identified as Sohel Ahmed, 35, a local motor mechanic, Hafiz Sultan Ahmed, 28, and Ashiq Ahmed, 26.
Jaintapur Police Station OC Golam Dastagir said a Jaflang-bound truck rammed into a motorcycle at Darbosto Bazar at early hours, leaving three dead on the spot and two passersby injured.
The trio were admitted to Sylhet Osmani Medical College Hospital.
The driver managed to flee leaving the vehicle, the OC said.