- UK records 23 new Covid deaths and 2,472 infections
- Reuters names first woman as editor-in-chief
- Prime Minister wishes countrymen on Ramadan, Pahela Boishakh
- Moon sighted, Ramadan begins Wednesday
- Police have launched movement pass
- Covid-19: Bangladesh reports 69 deaths in a day
- 5-km long tailback on Dhaka-Chattogram highway
- Hungry people are not bothered about lockdown, coronavirus: Fakhrul
- US women to appeal over equal pay as working conditions approved
- Don’t want to see anyone on roads during lockdown: IGP
Local traders of Narayanganj’s Shiddhirganj staged demonstration and formed human chain for the third consecutive day on Tuesday demanding permissions to keep shops open during the lockdown.
More than 200 shop owners and employees took to the street of Dhaka-Chattogram highway at 11am and blocked Shimrail Mor.
One of the traders named Billa Hossain said, “We are requesting the Prime Minister for allowing us to run the shops following health guidelines.”
After protest and human chain, they himself left the place.
On Monday, traders staged demonstration on the highway protesting the government decision to shut shopping complexes.