- Covid: Omicron lockdown not needed for now, Biden says
- Students block Rampura bridge over SSC examinee’s death in road crash
- Messi wins Ballon d’Or for seventh time as Putellas crowned women’s winner
- Barbados declared a republic, removing Queen Elizabeth II
- Top five nutrient-dense foods you must include in your daily diet
- BD’s claim over Tengratila gas blowouts overstated
- Khaleda is prisoner, can’t go abroad: Momen tells diplomats
- Bangladesh reports 2 more Covid deaths, 227 cases
- Bangladesh now investment-friendly country: Anisul
- FIFA to test off-side VAR at Arab Cup
A man was killed and 15 others were injured in clash over jalmahal in Sunamganj’s Dharampasha Upazila on Thursday evening.
The deceased was identified a Shamacharan Barman, 45, a resident of Sunoi village in the upazila.
Locals said two groups of Paikurati UP Matsyajibi Samity had been at loggerhead over Sunoi jalmahal for a long time. As sequel to it, both groups locked in a clash in the evening equipped with lethal weapons, leaving one stabbed to death and at least 15 others injured.
Being informed, police rushed to the spot and brought the situation under control.
Superintendent of police Md. Mizanur Rahman said they detained eight people in this connection.