- Dhaka-Washington ties to get stronger under Biden administration: Earl Miller
- Priyanka Chopra lauds India’s Covid vaccine drive
- Covid-19: Bangladesh records 23 more deaths, 569 new cases
- Post-Brexit customs systems not fit for purpose, say meat exporters
- Covid-19: Brazil hospitals ‘run out of oxygen’ for virus patients
- Govt approves two more stimulus packages worth Tk 2,700cr
- Britain to host first G7 summit of Biden era in June
- Mount ends Chelsea barren run, Leicester up to second
- Court orders to freeze properties, bank accounts of ex-MP Awal, wife
- Charges framed against 8 in MC College rape case
A man was killed and 15 others were injured in clash over jalmahal in Sunamganj’s Dharampasha Upazila on Thursday evening.
The deceased was identified a Shamacharan Barman, 45, a resident of Sunoi village in the upazila.
Locals said two groups of Paikurati UP Matsyajibi Samity had been at loggerhead over Sunoi jalmahal for a long time. As sequel to it, both groups locked in a clash in the evening equipped with lethal weapons, leaving one stabbed to death and at least 15 others injured.
Being informed, police rushed to the spot and brought the situation under control.
Superintendent of police Md. Mizanur Rahman said they detained eight people in this connection.