Five shops were gutted in a fire which broke out in a Madrasha market in Chattak upazila Monday Night.
Fire service sources said the fire originated from an electric short circuit at a shop of the market at the dead of night and soon engulfed adjoining 5 shops. The Shops are Bai Bai Shoe store, KM Computer, Showrab Ahmed Enterprise, Kawsar Shoe store, Kuti Shoe store.
On information, firefighters rushed to the spot and extinguished the blaze after half-an-hour of frantic efforts.
The shop owners claimed that the extent of loss from the fire would go up to Tk 21 lakh.